After a year and a half of very new normal, summer 2021 was pretty perfect. I mean, the weather wasn’t summery, being around a lot of strangers (and even friends) felt odd, and there seemed an awful lot of pressure to make this The Best Summer Ever.
I’m pretty grateful for a lot of small moments this summer.
Here are some of those moments:
- Moved to Oxford and filled a moderate-sized house with an unwise number of plants
- Climbed Helvellyn and Haystacks in the Lake District
- Ate food outside with friends
- Ate food inside with family
- Watched campfires
- Drank gin on hot evenings and cold nights from between clinking ice and wedges of citrus
- Cycled through sunny mornings and afternoons